Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Gratitude

I really should take notes because my brain is not doing the memory things well.  For all my complaining, I am grateful for the many friends and loved ones in my life.

Grateful for Jeremy who was able to be there for the worst of times, and who makes sure to call to check in as often as he can.  Grateful to the Jareds for mowing the lawn, and for helping to organize the patio (there's three Jareds and a Jill...).  Grateful to Desi and Orrin for taking good care of me on down days and during the hard tasks, and for the commissary runs.  Grateful for Ford and Krista for being there for us at Burning Man, for seeing me through some difficult days, and for all the love always.  Grateful for Nate for coming to help, and for taking me shooting, even though it is a pain in the ass with his schedule.  Grateful to Nikki and Matt and the kids for the hard work and getting the cat room clean and so much more.  Grateful to Mel for giving the foster kitties an amazing home.  Grateful to Callie for the outstanding cupcakes.  Grateful to Logan for organizing the fire evening, and for those who could be here.  Grateful for Mendy who took all those sleeping bags. Grateful to Annie for the lovely visit even though she was tired and needed to be home.  Grateful for the Utah Bottle Collectors who took my brother's collection.  Grateful to Jessie who came and listened to stories about stuff in the house.  Grateful to my many friends and online friends who have stayed in touch, who support me, and who donated generously in many ways, too many to list coherently.  Grateful to Drea for the chocolate opportunity.  Grateful for Kari who always has my back. Grateful for Eric and his family who came to visit and took me to a lovely lunch.  Grateful for good neighbors.  Grateful for Brett at the funeral home.  Grateful for the palliative care team, who truly did care for me too.  Grateful for the caring CNA whose name I have forgotten. Grateful for an internet stranger who sent a funny card.  Grateful for the gate guards at Swift who thought to send a card.  Grateful for most of the professionals on the phone who are kind.  Grateful for Kam who brought me a burger.  Grateful for Lonny's girlfriend who makes sure he can call me now and then. Grateful to Ruth who is making the memory quilt from Larry's t-shirts.  Grateful for a lot more, and I know I'm forgetting some people.   If I forgot you, it is the fog, I'm still grateful.

Thank you, my village.  I love you all.

No comments: