Wednesday, November 6, 2019

And even more ...

Ah, cavities and wear, I have a filling appointment, a referral to an eye doc and a dermatologist, my mammo scheduled, and waiting for a call from radiology about the CT approval.  I might not be keen about self-care as much as I should be here at home, but I will certainly get the professionals on board!

Seeing Dr. Carabine was as unfortunate as I feared.  I came home and binge watched shows on Netflix and Amazon.  Hungry, as usual.  I did go chat with the neighbor.  She's having the wall between the kitchen and living room removed, it will look great.  I have no idea how they afford all this, they're older than I am, he's still working but she is retired, and she's always worried about money.  I guess being happy in your home is important.  I guess if I wanted work done, I could do a home equity loan, and let the future take care of itself once I pass on.  Ha.  Nah, I'm going to let this place tumble down around my ears and someone can do an amazing flip later.

Next task is to get the eating back on track.  Cold weather means I am hungry all the time, and the time change doesn't help.  Better choices for the cholesterol is a must.  More tuna and oatmeal, I am doing well enough with nuts; I need a nut cup, otherwise I tend to graze.  More chicken and turkey and good fish in the freezer for sure; I am going through the old pork loins slowly.  Winter means chili though, that will help.  Legumes are good.  More veggies, frozen will be my friend.  Cooking solo veggies is difficult otherwise.  I still have sooo many green beans in cans, last of Larry's stock up.  They make me sad, they were out favorite side when throwing dinner together.  Sad beans it is.

Got poor old Harry a boarding reservation for December.  Poor old guy.

Big money day today.  Caught up on the debit balance, paid a CC, paid property tax (what little I do pay), paid down on a loan, paid a couple maintenance fees.  Gah.  I spend too much.  Now I need to question whether I want roof lights up for Christmas or not, that's not exactly cheap.  Cheapish though, and it makes me happy.

No comments: