Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Winter is here.

Matt showed up Sunday morning, swept the leaves off the garage and cleared the gutters just in time.  I sent him home with the mini bottles in the bog glass vase and a bag of booze I will never drink.  Stuff like the one open bourbon, a bottle of gin, some coco-rum, and one of Larry;s Apple Pie liqueurs.  The bag of candy canes is out of the pantry now, destined for Santa Rampage.  Snow yesterday, and snow impending for the holiday.  I pushed some of it around, but the driveway is iced over where I did not bother.  I really, really should have done it while the truck is at Desi's.

Saw Maleficent yesterday.  Not bad, but I would have liked it better if I didn't need to pee through most of it.  A couple came in last minute, sat a couple seats over.  Really people, grab a row up, I didn't need to hear your chatter and candy wrapper rustling.  You'd have had a better view in the middle instead of on the end.  Weirdos.I wouldn't be complaining of I hadn;t been the only other person in the theater...

I picked up my glasses, and dropped off a pair of Larry's sunglasses for donation.  I think there's one last pair left in the house.  Feels quite final. 

Korey of Mr. Maid came and cleaned the dryer vent.  It needs to be replaced, but it okay for now.  Turns out it is NOT attached at the top.  Yikes. He was very nice, and even cleaned the dryer face for me.

Tiny chores today.  Washed the blankets and top sheet because Lolo peed on me yet again.  Took the recycle bin out and back again.  Cleaned up the countertop next to the dryer a bit.  Turned up the fireplace to keep the basement warm.  Turned on the diffuser in the front room.  Cooked fried rice with chicken and veggies.  Filled the coffee canister.  Did dishes. Found a little basket for my gloves to sit by the back entry.  Hung a picture. Dusted my bedside vanity, found a tiny chair for Loki so he isn't falling off the perfume bottles.  Lost my ruby touchstone. Brought up the clean towels, took down all the dirty laundry.  Looked up a gift for Desi. Ordered a snow cover for the truck windshield.  Got the ice melt out of the shed, put the gutter piece where it will prevent ice out front.  Swept and move leaves from in front of the garage.  

No comments: