Sunday, September 26, 2010

Kitty kitty

Dad's little girl cats, Trixie and Punkin, live in my basement guest room. They are sweet and loving little cats, and they were dad's constant companions. The problem is, I can't get Oide to be anything but aggressive with them unless I have my hands directly on his scruff. He has attacked Trixie a couple times, he's drawn blood. I thought I got them doing well, but only if I am there ad they are ignoring each other. Punkin won't even come out of the room now. This breaks my heart.

They're safe, well fed, they have a clean litter box, a scratch post, toys which they do play with, a window to look out, and I spend time down there several times a day. Trixie loves me. I simply feel very guilty as they want to be near people all the time and that can't happen. They don't even like each other much. Ounkin should be an only cat, and Trixie would get along if Oide would. LOL, Harry gets a glimpse and runs upstairs and hides under the bed! I can't imagine them trying to get along with dogs, never going to happen.

This isn't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but it is a little piece of sadness in my world.

1 comment:

archersangel said...

too bad the cats aren't getting along better. i hope they make peace eventually. they're lucky to have you, anyone else would've sent them off to a shelter.