Monday, September 24, 2018

Sad today, sadder than usual.

I think I am hitting a hard wall now I has less "adulting" to do, fewer immediate tasks, a lot of waiting.  The sad is waiting to catch me unawares, and it did a fine job this day.  I made a call, decided another didn't need to be made, put off Comcast some more.  And then I had nothing to do but chores.  Chores make me sad, because it feels unimportant now.  I know, but I am in the everything feels futile phase.

I watered the front lawn this morning, which was sad because the corner sprinkler the neighbors run over needs attention.  I have little idea of what to do. 

I am sad because the metal recycle bucket is full, and I don't know how I'll do the cash recycling. 

Breakfast made me sad.  I am very nearly finished with the raspberry jam; it is the very last jar of Larry's terrific jam from our berries.   The kitchen is making me sad because I got out the rice cereal and the marshmallows to make the treats Larry always made, but I just cannot. 

Lunch made me sad because it was Larry's ham slices with green beans and rice.  I think I've been avoiding meals like the ones we used to eat together.  I have a lot of green beans, I hope they don't end up as cans of sadness forever.

I got my new credit card from NFCU and that made me sad because Larry is no longer on the account.

Simon got Larry's patch jacket today, and sent a picture.  It fits him perfectly in every way, just as I knew it would.  A wizard's cloak must go to another wizard.  And that made me cry. 

I packed up a box for a friend with a jacket which did not make me sad, but I put in the t-shirt Larry got for me at a truckstop with his rewards points.  We were on a road trip to Lake Havasu.  That was our very last vacation.  The shirt made me sad and I never want to wear it. 

I finally wrote to Lonny.  Fucking sad.  So fucking sad.


No comments: