Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Hey, it's another post!

Two in one week~ish.  Wow.

I put on my new dress and took Loki to the movies.  Saw Downton Abbey, and I am glad I went.  I did love the TV show, so watching it all wrapped up was very nice.  Well done. I should have worn my pearls and tiara.  I actually have a number of nice pearl necklaces, including long opera length strands.  My tiara is iffy; some days I consider ordering a "real" one from India.  They're gorgeous.  What frivolity.  I won't, but I can dream.

My other new dress arrived, but the surplice top gaps wide on me, exposing my bosom.  Not cool. I can sew, and it is fixable.  I could return the dress, but it is now out of stock.  Cute cocktails print, so very unique.  I can fix this dress, as it is one I will love to wear.

Desi has tests at school and an impending new floor at home, so we delayed the Iconoclad trip.  I got into the closet to put a few things in the box.  Just going into the downstairs bedroom is heart wrenching, there's so much down there that is pure memory.  Mom and dad's things are in the closet too.  Ugh.  I hate that I have to turn a lot of it into money.  Ah well, better than having it languish in a closet.  I really need to sort and get rid of pillows, blankets and throws.  There will be blanket drives soon.

I have decided the flannels, the furnace, and the swamp cooler can wait until I return from Hawaii.  No rush.  I do need to do laundry.  This involves putting other stuff away.  I can do it.

I am stressed about the sheer amount of work which needs to be done in the house, the garden, and all the stupid Burning Man gear which is still  left in the trailer.  Next year, if I don't go, neither does one bit of my stuff.  Nice you have a social life, and obligations, and we're all getting older.  I need to find a better way. 

Tomorrow will be register the trailer day, followed by chicken and waffles.  Waffle, actually.  Yum.

No comments: