Friday, July 18, 2008

Raspberries, yum.






I know, I've been remiss at posting. The end of Dark Skies? Had to undo the tarp on the trailer completely at the checkpoint; they let us over the dam. Once in Vegas we hit the IHOP, the the Mass Consumer Outlet Mall while waiting for check-in time. Jacob washed up and headed for th4e airport; Dave23 went sound a sleep. We thought of hitting the pool , but we decide to take the shuttle to the Strip and visit Coyote Uglys. The trouble is that the shuttle drops off at Caesar's Palace, too far for me to walk. We strolled through the Forum Shops; the building and art was fun but the shops were pretentious, as were the dressed up tourists. A tourist in nice clothes is still a tourist, doesn't give them call to bump into us and be rude. Stopped at Vosges Chocolat. I sampled the Bacon Bar, indeed I am correct, bacon does not go with milk chocolate at all. Needs to be deep dark chocolate! The Black Pearl Bar with the hints of wasabi and ginger was nice; but I wouldn't bend over backwards for it. the real taste treat was the Naga Bar; even though it was milk chocolate, the touches of coconut and sweet curry were superb. I'd go out of my way for that again.

Finally we found an exit, and cut through the Bellagio. Okay, the Murano glass flowers covering the ceiling of the lobby, that was worth seeing. Took a cab to New York New York. Larry was greeted with howdys and cries of "Hey Moses!" It's the beard. I got Desi up on the bar, where she glared at me more than danced. She got a tank top as a reward.

Home again, I am supposed to be painting and sewing, I get a bit done each day, but I am tired and uninspired. Today is my oncology follow-up. I've been outside picking raspberries, so yummy. I had to dodge the wasps and pick around the spider webs; but I don't see as many bees as I used to. That's sad and kinda scary. The canes are ever-bearing, the more you pick, the more they canes produce. They bear until first frost in October. Watering makes plumper berries. Our canes are in full sun and don't do as well as Rowena's shaded ones. She never picks, so I get all her berries, a pint a day or so. We're talking about digging up the canes this fall and putting them back in the back garden along the side fence. Plenty of water and dappled sun; they should do better than next to the driveway.

Pictures: Fancy candy bars, raspberries, two views of my canes, Rowena's berry canes.

1 comment:

archersangel said...

Stopped at Vosges Chocolat. I sampled the Bacon Bar, indeed I am correct, bacon does not go with milk chocolate at all. Needs to be deep dark chocolate! The Black Pearl Bar with the hints of wasabi and ginger was nice; but I wouldn't bend over backwards for it. the real taste treat was the Naga Bar; even though it was milk chocolate, the touches of coconut and sweet curry were superb. I'd go out of my way for that again.

i'm sure joseph mallozzi would have a few comments about the chocolate.