Wednesday, January 16, 2019

That went well

Sunday evening was the first fire tribe meeting of the season.  Larry's passing had a huge effect on the group, and we were sorely missed.  Everyone was gracious at the meeting, welcoming, although I could tell a few folks were tiptoeing around me.  I will address the group as soon as some of the new flash in the pans have departed.  I distributed a few tiny vials of Larry's ashes.  Found a penny.  Resolved my ride dilemna.

Spent the night at the DownLow.  Good to see people, but damn, I am fussy about where I roost.  No window coverings meant a lot of ambient light which means a restless night.  The FrontRunner ride home was pleasant.  I walked over to Pig and a Jelly Jar, had beignets and coffee.  Only customer, so lot of chatty chat with the servers.  One is a burner.

Still have not put away the Christmas decor.  Working on it.  Slowly.  So. Slowly.

Errands loom.  It is snowy and slick outside.  Yuck.  I may try for tomorrow for notarizing and faxing.  It is the last big adulting before I tackle Affidavit of Survivorship, a new will, and taxes.  Death and taxes, eh? 

I ordered little keepsake urns.  While I will scatter Larry's ashes, I do want to keep some.  Well, not scatter.  One packet will go to the E-11 temple, a larger portion to the Burning Man temple, and a small packet to be set to sail at sea.  It will be nice to have a little urn.  Lonny can have it if he likes after I die someday.   A set of four urns was the same prive as two, so there is one for me, one for Jeremy, one for Desi, and one for Nate.  Feels right.  I have to admit, handling cremains is weird as hell.  They are not all floof, they are crunchy and gritty, with obvious bits of bone.  So weird.


No comments: