Saturday, January 12, 2019

The glimpses and glimmers

I've been taking down the Christmas decorations.  Such a slow process when my heart is not in it.  I keep taking detours, like binge watching 3rd Rock from the Sun. 

I decided that since my hall was not going to get new baseboards and a paint job anytime soon, that I may as well hang up my prints and art instead of having it languish under the work room table.  I have a lot more art than I have walls, but I am working on it.  It cheered me up a great deal to see the walls bursting with color, shape, and line.  After climbing up and down the step stool for a couple hours, because I had to swap pictures in the bedroom, front room, and bathroom to make this happen, I was physically sore and quite exhausted.  That means better sleep.

Planning for the Cancun trip has begin in earnest.  My feelings are a weird mixture of excited anticipation and nostalgic tears.  Honey is going with me, and is very excited.  She has never been to Mexico.  So far I have booked a half day trip to Tulum, and a pirate ship booze cruise.  Chichen Itza must wait until we get there to book a tour.  This should be fun, even if I will be sad and tearful at some point each day.  I am even taking the teddy bears with me.  Mr. Whiskers the Monkey visited all the sites with Larry and I, so he will most assuredly go too.  I will bring a photo of Larry to sit next to the bed too.





No comments: