Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Cancun and the weirdness of it all.

Back in 2017, after my surgeries, when I was feeling optimistic and happy about the future, I booked a trip to Cancun for our 32nd anniversary.  We were going to go to Isla Mujeres, go see some of the Mayan ruins we missed before, swim in  a cenote, in the ocean, in each other's arms.  Well that didn't happen.

I went on the trip.  I took a friend, although not a close one.  I caught a bad cold, it rained, my friend did not want to go in the pools, she slept in when I was awake for hours.  Just different people in the same place, sharing the same tours, and some meals.  Pleasant enough, but mismatched.  The pirate ship was a hoot, but the friend is unsmiling in the photo.  Party pooper.  She went through nearly three fifths in the room (gin, Canadian Mist, and most of a vodka).  How is that fun?  The maid decorate the jacuzzi with rose petals.  Romance for one, eh?

New goal is to pack lighter.  Larry carried everything, without complaint.  I cannot. 

Catching up: attending Fire Tribe.  Winter and travel weight gain is bugging me.  I have new kittens, although they are away being spayed just now.  I make lists of things to do and then neglect it all.  I am in a new sad downward spiral.  It will reverse and I will start feeling better, but I do not know when. 

I will post more, in greater detail, when I can.  I feel stuck for now.

Next great adventure is Santa Cruz and the Winchester House!  Traveling with Desi, this should be better.

No comments: