Saturday, November 23, 2019

Autumn blues

I went for my CTScan yesterday.  Clear liquid fasting and pre-medication beforehand, how much fun is that?  No, I did not need to be early to drink the potion of ugh, it was just the IV contrast.  Even with the Prednisone and the benadryl, I still popped a hive on my hip.  Means they kept me for an extra 30 minutes to make sure I didn't have a more severe reaction.  Means they will be extra cautious next time.  I did get to eat lunch at the cafe, salmon and a nice cauliflower mix, with a yummy bread roll.  Had a terrible headache, came home and slept.

This morning I made cherry-cranberry sauce, two pint jars.  I will freeze one.  A little too runny, but good flavor, nice and tart.  I have two more bags of cranberries, so I am looking at cranberry loaf recipes.  The Instacart guy brought the sucky orange juice with calcium, so I need to cook with it as much as possible.  Extra calcium makes my joints ache, and tastes like crap. I need to make sure I put a note in for NO No no calcium.  I got maple bars, and now I feel sugar loaded.  Probably why I am in no mood for chores.

Getting some laundry done and minor tidying.  The step ladder came in, and while it is cold out, it is sunny.  I keep stepping out and looking at the front flower bed, the patio gutters,  and what I need to do weed-wise, but I simply cannot get moving outside.  While I was in the laundry room, I looked up and saw I had not gotten down my pumpkin tea set or my gourd pitcher and squirrel.  When I do the autumn flowers, those usually go on the baker's rack.  I just spaced out on them.  It doesn't really matter, but it makes me sad.  I am getting the dryer vent cleaned out, and need to have the tub drain snaked, so I am probably going to skip roof lights this year too.

I got my indulgent Loki opera scarf and Loungefly purse.  So marvelous.  I should wrap them up for Christmas, they are definitely gift quality.  Nice, nice, nice.  The scarf is smooth as Loki's silver-tongued voice, as silky as one might imagine his touch to be.  There, done fan-girling for the year.  I  realize what I spent on these things would have paid for roof light installation, but while I love my lights, I also love pretty things.  It is a trade off, and one I am okay with this time around. 

Now, about those leaves on the roof ... gah.

No comments: