Thursday, November 7, 2019

Good morning, Ogden!

Let's Make a Deal isn't even over and I have already finished one big chore: calling the VA.  I hate calling the VA, but if I do, it saves me a couple thousand each year in property taxes. 

I looked up a coffee cake recipe, after all, I do have an unopened box of Bisquick.  I found another frozen jar of chili bean stewp,so that is thawing.  I add other beans and veggies to it in the small slow cooker, that makes something like four or five meals.  There's a ground turkey chub thawing too, but I might just fry it up and put it over rice. The rice is sitting on the counter now, I need to use it up, so I put it in a very inconvenient place.   I am motivated to make meals from what I have in the pantry and freezer! 

I have my commissary list done, concentrating on the foods I need for the whole lower my cholesterol gig.  Lots of tuna, nuts, and oatmeal.  Applesauce.  Frozen veggies.  Guac.  I cannot digest fresh leafy greens, and buying salad fixings and fresh veggies for one picky eater means a lot of waste later.  I can skip the mac salad for a while, and go with darker (and less) chocolate.  Less ice cream too.  Meh, it's winter.

All my appointments came in, five total in November before Thanksgiving!  Teeth, eyes, dermatology, mammo, and a CT scan.  Whoa.  Busy, busy.  And LMAD is still on!

Now if I could only recall what I originally got online for, before I began looking up coffee cake recipes.


No comments: