Saturday, August 3, 2019

Pissy pissy, and why I am edging toward being a hermit. Also, drama.

Sweat in my eyes and running down in front of  my ears, sticky yet tickly.  Ugh.  I have been lugging bedding about, packing the seabag for Burning Man, and stripping every blanket, throw, pillow, and sheepskin off the chaise, the recliners, and the giant bean bag.  There's simply too much, and a cat who simply will not quit peeing on fuzzy stuff.  I don't have a way to shut off that room either, not without upsetting Harry.  If Harry is upset, then he pees on the carpet.  Pretty sure it is Lolo, not Lucy.  She must have learned to pee on fleece blankets before she was rescued, and has not totally dropped the habit.  Not certain the couch is better than the bed, as the bed has waterproof mattress covers. I had to toss the four sheepskins, even washed, they smell like pee.  Larry loved those damned things, and they weren't cheap.  Farewell, fuzzies.  I am sobbing my guts out over this.

At any rate, I'm going to bag up most of the comforters, blankets, and throws, the clean stuff, and donate them.  I have literally dozens of things to wrap up in and keep warm with.  Larry had given a lot away, but he also stashed a lot.  The old ones never left when new things came in.  The giant beanbag will go too, as soon as I wipe it down.  Too much stuff, it will serve others better than me now.

Yesterday began well enough, but one visit from a clueless relative put a nasty downward spin on the afternoon.  Showed up unannounced, although I knew she would eventually be by, but no call or text.  Had a dog on a leash she claimed was her service dog, but damn, she was using one of those chain collars with hooks on it.  That's pain compliance right there, and a well trained service dog does not need one.  I refused to let it in my house, she hadn't warned me and I have young cats. Had I known, I could have made arrangements to keep them safe. She kept telling me how she respected my boundaries, even though she didn't like it.  Fuuuuuck.  Next, she started in on how she was going to get an 80K job, because her disability preference had more points added to it (???), and her job with the parking company gave her good managerial experience.  It was pretty rambly and far-fetched. Reality has not been her strong suit for some time.  Actually made me sad.  Her last plan was to sue her employer for deceit and discrimination, and unfair termination.  Oh, she also wants my dad's service record so she can file a downwinder lawsuit for her father's cancer. Gah.

The final straw was a rinse and repeat of her ancient grudge against a family member I like a great deal.  I've asked that I not be included in the rants, it is ancient childhood history, blown up then chewed like a rotten old binkie.  Give it up.  I get it, you and your mom dislike her vehemently.  Maybe stop calling her the devil and she'll be nicer.  It is all stupid, petty, and childish.  I informed her the visit was over, and stood up.  Told her she had to go, her dog was getting too warm outside.  She then patted herself on the back for recognizing a social clue. I guess standing up and telling her to go was subtle.  I think I am done.  I had said I would use a bit of my brother's ashes to have glass things made, and I will, I have already ordered them.  I took a small amount, two spoonfuls, because she wouldn't leave the baggie with about a cup or so in it.  She was worried about what the family member who lives across country might do if she got her hands on it.  Excuse me?  Like I am going to die soon and my executor will let this person do stuff to the ashes?  So weird and paranoid.  That's it.  I am done with her forever.  When the keepsake pieces arrive, I will mail them to the family.  No more.  I just cannot deal with this on top of my own disordered life.  

No comments: