Thursday, December 20, 2018

Holiday Cheer, my ass

I did put up my holiday decor, as it felt like surrender not to do so.  I cried over the tiny cute ornaments with our names on them, and the frame ornament with our Santa Rampage photo. 

I will be spending time with family on Christmas.  One family breakfast, and one dinner.  I am not feeling it.  We never spent time with my brother on Christmas, but my nieces are being thoughtful, I want to be gracious in return.  Dinner with the SIL will be weird, but I will make candied yams, I will make nice,  especially as they're moving out of state.  None of this feels cheerful to me, so I'm thinking of it as a duty day, with two watches which are going to suck, but need to be done.  Then I can come home, set something on fire in the firepit out back, and get drunk as fuck.

Go me.


No comments: