Saturday, December 29, 2018

Winding it up, winding down.

The cold and the snow has set in.  I am beginning to put away the holiday decor, especially the stuff outside., the bows and bells and wreaths.  Inside is a bit trickier, as the tote with the winter roses is outside.  Yes, it matters, because the autumn decor is in the Christmas box, and this requires a three season swap. I will get it done, and feel accomplished.  I will still be sad.  Utterly and eternally.

Ah, the holiday social scene. I did go to Christmas breakfast with my nieces on my brother David's side.  Lots of pleasantries, and I hid out in the kitchen for the most part.  When 17 people in a small apartment got to be too much, I took the trash out for a breath of fresh air. Cried beside the industrial dumpster for a few moments.  When I got home, I was simply too overwhelmed and in physical pain, I skipped Christmas dinner with Sally and crew.  While it will be their last holiday in Utah, I was just not up for it emotionally.  Nope.  Jeremy called, Troy and Stacey called, so that was nice.  Last night was Krista's birthday party in Salt Lake.  I bowed out as participating in a party with a theme and characters and a quest sounded like a lot of work with a group of people I adore, but have not really seen since Larry died.  It would have been far too much. 

Tonight I have tickets to The Greatest Showman sing along, but I do not want to go see a love story by myself.  I offered the tickets online and found a delightful person to give them to.  Another woman was all kinds of upset that I did not give them to her.  "I was first to reply", she objected.  No, not really, and this is not a radio contest at any rate.  She sent me a nasty message.  Okay then, I can block you, darling.  I;d looked at her FB profile, and didn't care for what I saw.  Karen, no one cares about your expired coupons, if you get my drift.

I did paint.  I had accidently received a print of faceless angels from Deviant Art.  They said keep it.  So I did, and gave the kids a couple gas masks.  Perfection.  I can paint.  I can paint!!  I CAN PAINT!



No comments: