Thursday, December 6, 2018

The Meatloaf of Sadness

Determined to use the meat in the deep freeze, I thawed a ground turkey chub and a pack of ground pork for a meatloaf.  I have not been cooking much, so this was a big step.  Big is the operative word.  That was three pounds of meat, plus oatmeal, dried onions, an egg, and tons of herbs and spices, topped with a mustard balsamic gravy mix.  Yummy, but now it sits in the fridge in two containers. Every time I open the fridge, it smells of meaty goodness.  

Why is this sad?  Because that is a LOT of meatloaf.  Probably more than I can eat before it gets old and stale. Larry would have made sandwiches from it.  I guess I will need to vac-seal and freeze some in single portions.  Is this defeating the whole use up the frozen stuff plan?  I still have frozen tamales from a few weeks ago.

The fireplace insert is already here.  That was fast.  I worry because the box looks a little rough.  Very heavy, I could barely get it in the door.  I got some laundry done and folded.  I need to change the sheets, and to vacuum.  I need to make yogurt, to pack up some jewels and stones for a friend, to actually do the Ancestry DNA kit. Put the solar lights in the box, but the wheelcovers on the trailer tires.  I am exhausted though, lethargic.  Encased in amber which lets in dim light, but allows no movement or progress.  I hate being alone and lonely.  No one else will do, people are a welcome distraction, but no replacement for Larry in my life. 

No comments: