Saturday, December 22, 2018

The Cold Moon

The Cold Moon shone brightly in my windows last night.  A harbinger of the coming cycle of light and dark, growth and decay. life and death.  Winter is here.  Yesterday was Solstice, my Yule, my New Year.  I wanted to go out and make a small fire in the firepit, as MyLarry would have done.  I did not have the energy, will, or desire to go out back.  I will this morning, to fill the birdfeeder.  They don't deserve hunger because I am distraught. 

My life is withered and sere.  Winter is here.  A winter which may last all year.

Running the damn house is going to be expensive without my resident handyman. I can do some things; I fixed the doorbells, rewired a lamp.  I had to call a plumber because the sink faucet was leaking.  Got a two-fer and did the bathroom faucet too, as it leaks periodically.  Worth every penny.  I got under the sink to plug in the disposal, wow, that plug is a nightmare.  There are two outlets underneath, one switched, one unswitched.  The unswitched outlet has a plug and cord that look terrible.  Uninsulated and scary.  That is the WHOLE FUCKING GARAGE plugged in under my sink, the outlets, the lights.  Yikes.  No wonder Larry used the genny when he wanted to weld.  He ran fucking power saws and more off that system.  Fuck me.  How did this get past the home inspector when we bought the house? 


No comments: