Sunday, March 10, 2019

Seriously?

I once had a kick-ass immune system.  I never got sick although I had other health issues.  Now it seems as if I leave the house, I catch a damned cold.  Snotfest 2019.  Once for Cancun, and once for California.  My best guess is stress.  Gee.

So, Desi and I hopped in the car and she drive us to California.  We stayed in Los Gatos, which is in between Santa Cruz and San Jose, in the hills, nestled between redwood trees.  Nice.  Rainy and damp, but lovely.  Went on both Winchester House tours, included the behind the scenes one.  I have some theories about that poor crazed widow, and a lot of empathy.  No way is that house haunted with so many people tramping through it all day.  It needs a rest.  The ghost trap room behind the one bathroom was eerie.  They didn't call ti that. but I know what a ghost trap looks and feels like.  That Sarah had the floor completely demolished and hauled away, and the woman kept everything, suggests to me that for whatever reason, she saw or experienced something which horrified her.  They say she shut off the first 30 rooms after an earthquake but what was the timing on the floor being smashed?  It doesn't add up.  Sure, she may have fallen prey to her own demons, but it is creepy as hell.

We also went to a couple state parks and walked through the redwoods.  Fantastic.  Another day, we drove up to the Lick Observatory, the first mountaintop observatory in the US.  Again, fascinating.  It is a lovely area once you get away  from all those people in the valley.


No comments: