Wednesday, March 13, 2019

The only adult in the room

Me, that's me.  I am the only adult in the room because I am the only human being in the house.  If things are to be done, I get to do them.

Today I ordered and paid for the Affidavit of Survivorship forms and guide.  This is what is needed to take a person off the deed to a parcel of real estate.  You cannot just take the death certificate down the the office and say, I own this plot, he is dead, fix it.  Oh no.  There is a form.  I was intimidated at first, because the sample had stuff I didn't grasp intuitively.  But I looked at our tax records on file and found what was wanted. Hey, that was not so bad.  Now I have to fill out the form I downloaded, print it, and take it to the credit union and have it notarized.  I think I need to take the death certificate too, but that's hardly a surprise.  Next stop would be the County Recorder's Office.  And then I can go cry over beignets at Pig and A Jelly Jar that I am slowly erasing Larry.

Taxes are next.  I have everything but the will to do them.  I can, I just do not want to begin the process.  Soon, though, before April. 

That leaves a will.  I definitely need a new will. 

Fuck, why me?  Fuck cancer, fuck the uncaring universe, and fuck being a widow. 

At least I got the Safeway card in my name.  And the Smith's card.  And I know how to get groceries delivered. 

Anyone want to come thatch my lawns?

No comments: