Saturday, March 2, 2019

Fading away

We have a Smith's card, good for discounts and specials and the free Friday downloads when they're offered.  Yesterday I changed the card from Larry's name to mine, and updated the phone number.  Small acts such as this make me feel like I am erasing Larry bit by bit.

I think I have found an appropriate avenue for Larry's wonderful clothes.  He has so many interesting outfits, things I have made, vintage cowboy shirts from his dancing days, thrift shop finds, coats, jackets, and generally wonderful burner costumes and unique dress garments.  There is a shop in Salt Lake called iconoCLAD which takes clothing and resells it on commission. 50%, which is quite good.  Research definitely goes into the pricing, so the vintage stuff will not go to waste.  I have given away a lot of nice things to people who will appreciate the connection to Larry, but there's too much, and I could use a little cash.  A yard sale would yield next to nothing, eBay and Etsy are too difficult with shipping, and a thrift shop is dicey because so much could end up in the recycle rag bag.  No, consignment is the way to go.  This will take months, even years, but his things can move on in a way which does not hurt my heart.

Letting go of his wedding shirt will be painful.  His good kilts will go to the Fire Tribe fundraiser.  His brown kilt definitely goes to the Temple. 

Lucky Domino pees on soft throws and blankets.  She hasn't gone on the bedding, but let go when I was wrapped in Larry's quilt and was petting her.  This is no good.  I can't wash things every day! 


No comments: