Tuesday, October 1, 2019

It's a drag, man

I've always been a bit of a procrastinator.  There's no time like the present though, and if I try, I can be very, very organized.  I stay right on top of bills and such.  However, grief had stomped on my motivations, and it is easy to let some things slide.  I finally went to register the trailer, on the last day possible.  Good thing, I found out from the county clerk a little detail, a letter which will save me thousands on taxes in the long run. I got the carpet spot cleaner, but the carpet is still a disaster.  I need to find someone to clear the back gutters. The leather languishes.  I owe Graidog a tool pouch.  Forever and ever, there are always tasks, and I don't want to do them.

Went to Pig and a Jelly jar, the Raven Queen was there.  I brought her a lace feather embellishment, she bought me breakfast.  The beignets are yummy, but they're more like fritters than the real thing.

I finally found someone to take the cut and stacked firewood.  They're using it for heat in a cabin, they live mostly off grid.  Nice.  Larry wood be pleased. See what I did there?

Been chipping away at the Burning Man stuff, and housework.  Progress is slow, but I am making dents. I sketched an outline for a painting.  I REALLY need to pack for Kona, to print out the papers I need, to get Larry's ashes ready. Prep the house, the cats, and make sure Desi can take Harry to the vet for boarding.  Time for the winter clothing and bedding swap, that will wait until I come back.  I want to lock up my trike, which means a little more shifting burner gear.  Raven Queen will come help me when I return.  Looks like I will be bringing mac nuts as gifts!  Desi wants a barrette, my neighbor loves inlaid silver earrings, and I can easily do both at either the farmer's market or an ABC shop.  Freaking ABC...


No comments: