Saturday, October 26, 2019

Winter is coming

Two beautiful weekend days, two days to hustle to get the stuff done which must be done.  Wrap the roses, put away the hoses, insulate the faucets, get both rain barrels covered and in the garage, attach the winter down spouts, put away the spinner sprinkler, get the aloe vera somewhere warmer.  Sasquatch and the Buddha need coats and hats, or to go into the shed.  .I know I should trim the raspberries, sweep some of the leaves, but we shall see. I am physically tired.

I am trying to repair a print on canvas for Rowena.  It has a hole and a scrape.  I've done similar things to blank canvas and to paintings, this piece in quite nice.  She thinks it is a painting, but it is a textured repro.  I will not tell her.  Going well so far.

I made yogurt.  Turned my back on the milk for a moment, and it boiled. That doesn't matter much, but will make it grainy.

After doing so well for so long, Lolo peed on the bed again.  I think the fuzzy throws are just irresistible to her.  Ah well, that meant I got the flannel sheets down and washed the cotton set.  Now I can put away the summer sheets, and my summer nightgowns.  I needed to change the sheets anyway, it had been a grotesquely long time since I had. 

I got my autumn order of Lake Champlain chocolates in.  That's not a lot of goodies for the price, but it is a once a year treat.  Vermont truffles (5), cider caramels (7), and a small bag of vermont maple caramel leaves. Very wonderful. I eat one piece daily.  I also have way too much Halloween candy, and this year will be frigid.  Not as much handing out when it is cold, so I will need to freeze some, or give it away.  I got some teal allergen free candy too, and some toys.  At least the toys will keep.



No comments: