Sunday, October 20, 2019

Moving forward

Desi came over to take me shopping, we got the majority of the Halloween decorations put up out front.  I like my streamers, and the cats love to watch them.

I got one of the rainbarrels unhooked and rinsed out before the storm came in.  I just need to get it in the garage and covered up.  The big barrel is next.  I have the hose faucet open, so it should be draining.  The hoses will be next, before the freezing weather sets in. 

Logan came and got the hitch rack.  That helps with re-arranging the lean-to behind the garage. He also took the leather for Six.  We have not decided whether Six will pay me, make something for me, or if this is just a gift from Larry, but that's okay.  This is the leather which is very stiff and heavy, not something I can work with.  I kept the softer hides and sides, and all the tools.  I also have everything staged in the kitchen to go down into the basement, where I have a place for it other than in front of Larry;s closet in the bedroom. This is a true leap forward for me. 

Logan also took two pieces of cast iron.  One is a new griddle pan, for cooking bacon and steaks, brand new and never used.  He also took the big skillet.  This is the one Larry found in the dumpster in San Diego, along with a couple other pans and the leather strap chair.  We cleaned it up and used it for a couple decades.  It is huge, well seasoned, and not something I will ise much anymore.  I still have my small skillet, and the medium sized one from Mom's house.  I shed a few tears over this, the pan made so many meals for use, so many good memories.  It is in the hands of people who knew and loved Larry, so I know it will still serve that purpose. 


No comments: