Thursday, October 17, 2019

Two successes leads to ...???

I made pumpkin spice muffins this morning.  That old mix which had been in the pantry for so long finally is mixed, baked, and in my tummy.  I added a little butternut extract, and kicked up the spices, plus made a crumble topping.  Most of the topping is on the kitchen rug in front of the sink, but that's okay. 

I also made my granola last night.  I put the dry ingredients in the bowl throughout the day, set the fruit aside, and last, got the liquids ready.  Just a matter of mix and bake from there. 

Two successful things accomplished in the kitchen.  I am hoping it will jumpstart me into a few more.  That's how I tick; getting a little done can boost my motivation into an upward trend.  This week it is very uphill, Larry's birthday wrecked me.  I have been crying a lot this morning.  Not that I am surprised, I do cry a lot.

In the midst of all this angst, I am happy for a long time online friend who just got married.  It is wonderful and joyous, and I am glad of the good fortune of others.  Nice to know I am not totally devoid of feeling.

No comments: