Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Green beans and landmines

I had a lazy day, but I also got some "normal" stuff done.  Washed the towels.  Arranged the cans of sparkling water and soda in the pantry.  Yesterday, I made my cranberry-apple chutney.  Put away the clean dishes.  Boxed up our old glasses to send to Lions for donation.  Tried to call DFAS, they're sending paper checks. More sorting Larry's things.  Gave Eve some of Larry's old long sleeve t-shirts for work.  We did get the Halloween stuff up in the shed.  I took down a couple 12v coolers with no cords, and a weird box with a styrofoam liner.  Can I sell these things?  Probably not.   A lot of little dammits.

This morning, I zapped a strawberry mug cake for breakfast.  So much easier than pancakes.  Hit the spot.  For lunch, I was ambitious.  Got the pack of breaded chicken out of the freezer, and a Tasty Bites pouch of brown rice and lentils, and a can of green beans.  A real meal.  First one in over two months.  I didn't cry until I was done eating and was putting the dishes in the sink.  Larry loved green beans, there's a ton of them in the can racks, cut, kitchen cut, French style.  So many green beans.  He liked the French style mixed with sauerkraut and his tiny pork loins in the truck's little crockpot.  Damn green beans.  Good thing I like them.  They're all Sad Green Beans though.  Dammit.

I also realized Veterans Day is on Sunday.  I like to take the bus to the free lunch at Texas Roadhouse.  A good meal, and they;re so friendly!  No bus on Sunday.  First time in years the lunch is on a weekend, so Larry could go with me.  Well.  Dammit.

And what am I going to do with 23 cans of Carnation evaporated milk which expired in May?  Larry bought a case at the BDO so I could make fudge for him.  It is fudge season now.  Dammit.

Still in the "cry at odd moments" phase.


No comments: