Friday, November 23, 2018

The Friday After

Well, I survived.  Had Turkey Brunch with my brother's family at Chuckarama.  Yes, that was as bizarro as it sounds.  I am glad I went.  The roast beef with horseradish sauce was nice.  Everything else was passable except the Wretched Carrot Cake of Despair.  Two of my nieces took me and the kids to see Ralph Wrecks the Internet. A bit of fun.  I passed on the Turkey Dinner with friends.  Exhaustion and physical pain had had their way with me.  Besides,  I think I would have been crying in the bathroom far too much.  I should have just taken up the offer to go to SLC and soak in a hot tub.

I got a call from Larry's son.  I do not hear from him often, but he has a very good reason. He's in jail, and unless someone funds his account, he cannot call.  He wrote, but the letter never arrived.  I hope I get to see him sooner than later.

A friend who is having their own crisis called, and we have worked out a time for him to come and put up the Christmas lights.  It is something he can do for Larry.  I am happier, and he is happier too.  A nice meeting of unhappy souls. 

But I do feel forgotten and faded.  Just a little less.

Onward, because that is the only option.


No comments: