Thursday, November 1, 2018

That went well enough.

Halloween.  Not a holiday Larry and I always got to spend together, so not a huge potential gut punch.  I wore my light up earrings, my light up gloves, and my light up shoes, once the shoes were charged.  I had candy and chocolate and tiny toys in a nice big bowl; I let the kids pick out their own two pieces.  Maybe a couple dozen kids, most in great costumes, and all very polite and friendly.  It was fun, even though I was done by 8.  My nephew Jared and his family came by, and so did a couple friends.  Overall, nice.

I put Larry's packs os Spearmint gum in the candy mix.  Full sugar five packs.  The kids were delighted.  Good choice.  I have plenty of leftover candy, but not too much.  I used to bag it up and send it with Larry on the truck.  Damn. 

But still, middle of the night, I miss Larry.  The doorbell quit working, and it takes stupid D cell batteries.  The ones inside are rechargeables, so now I have to find the big recharger.  I know where it should be.  Ha.  Hahahaha. Ha.  Thanks, honey.

I found one of Larry's little seasoned roasts he bagged up and froze to put in his slow cooker on the truck.  Thawing it now.  I guess I will start using the smaller crockpot now.  He loved slow cooked meals.  I do too, but only know how to do the big batches.  A new opportunity for learning, eh?

It is raining.  That feels appropriate.

So lonely.  I could have a thousand visitors and still feel this lonely.  Damn.




No comments: