Friday, November 16, 2018

Small victories. Miniscule, actually.

I fixed the doorbell.  Doorbells, actually, the front and back are part and parcel.  I may have thrown out some questionable rechargeable batteries.  Still I now have an easy to use charger, and some reliable D cells, and the weird little battery which goes in the doorbell itself.

I have also begin to sort the Dread Bin O' Stuff from my parents house.  Like stepping into a little time machine made of paper and odd scents.  Lots of souvenir things, menus,magazines,  cards, letters, and a whole lot of my art and homework from when I was in second grade.  I drew a lot of princesses, horses, and animals.  I need to find a way to preserve some of this.  Maybe one of those fancy chestlike boxes from Michaels. 

The photos are almost overwhelming.  My baby book is on pieces, I would like to redo that.  I can toss the photos of the cousins, I think.  And so many pictures from when dad was in the Navy.  Wow.  I'll get it done.  Will anyone care?

Today is my first return to Massage Envy.  I am going with Desi to the one on Riverdale.  I am sad.  I will cry.  I hope I will not freak out my therapist.  Larry and I went once a month to the Massage Envy out by the Layton Hills Mall, a couples massage in the fancy couples room.  I miss Kiera and Shelley, but it is too difficult and too hard to go there again.  I did go give Kiera one of Larry's mermaid bowties.  She is a remarkable human with turquoise eyes and silver hair.  I hope only good things come into her life, she's sweet and loving.  

No comments: