Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Huh, I forgot what I was going to say.







Really, I had some witty remarks, some deep thoughts and wonderful insights, and now I have no clue what I was thinking. Scary, no?

The shingles are done! The shingles are done! Now I only have to finish painting the roof ridges, cut and paint the gable trim, slap it all on and the exterior is finished! About time too, I am almost out of carpenter's glue. Next I can stress about the furniture kits.

Yesterday I baked a lackluster loaf of dark whole wheat bread, a pan of chicken, and an apple-berry pie. The apples were headed to Spotsville and the mixed berries have seen better days outside the freezer. Yummeh, but I was out of tapioca. Cornstarch and flour just don't cut it. Berry pies are not my forte. I know what I did to the bread, it needed exactly two more tablespoons of water. Still makes tasty, if short, toast.

MyLarry has requested oatmeal-raisin cookies, so that's on the baking agenda today, the butter is softening as we speak. Type. Read. Whatever. And I have recipes and ingredients for honey-walnut shrimp, except I have itsy-bitsy scallops instead of shrimp. And I'm doing the coconut milk-honey-mayonesa version, not the condensed milk-mayonnaise version. And I am not glazing my own walnuts. And, well, I'll let you know how it turns out. If it turns out.

Pictures: All the shingles are on. They're crooked you say? They're supposed to be crooked. Right, sure, that's the ticket, they're supposed to be crooked. Getting ready to patina the roof trim. That's wood trim painted with acrylic copper paint. Overwash with turquoise, and pat it off. Patina stays in the cracks. I could do some dark shadowing also, but I prefer the lighter look in this case. Masking tape, the miniaturist's friend, instant odd places clamps. I just hope it doesn't lift the paint. It usually does not. Yes, the tower roof lifts off, no, I won't glue it down later, that's the only access into the Tower Room.

2 comments:

archersangel said...

nice work on the dollhouse.

AntiM said...

Thank you!