Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Nothing to see here, move along.

Yep, one of those days. Snowed, again, this morning, about two inches. Not much compared to the last few big dumps.

Mylarry made it home at two in the morning, had to shovel the ice dam the snowplow had made in the mouth of the driveway. I was up with pain in the shoulder and neck, I even took a Lortab in the middle of the night. This is most likely why I'm dragging today. I broke one of my cardinal rules, I didn't get dressed today. Schlubbed around in the tartan flannel gown, read, watched bad daytime TV. What Not to Wear, my shiny golden heinie.

Larry ran a few errands then went to work; he was supposed to do a local delivery up in Corinne (Evil Mal-Wart Distribution Center) but instead he's moving steel. The other driver's tractor is a flat-top; the trailer is smaller. Larry has the larger truck. I know he needs a pilot car to the freeway from the steel plant, but I'm not sure if he's headed straight south or will come home tonight after parking at the terminal. I do know he can't move oversized through Salt Lake City during the commute; and possibly not after dark. He's busy, so I can't call and find out the plan just now.

So if he gets down there Thursday ... back up on Friday, well that makes a Monday delivery, so no anniversary in Vegas for us. Boo! I cannot miss or reschedule that neurology appointment on Monday afternoon, my left side is really bad. If I sleep on my right side, it goes numb now too. No pain like the left, but it is getting there. Let's see, I can't sleep on my left side, my right side, my back (both my arms go numb if I sleep on my back) or my tummy (all that surgery on the abdomen rearranged the landscape). Um, that leaves sleeping standing up, no wait, my feet and legs go numb. Er, sleep on my head? I could run away and join the circus, that's a wonderful carny trick. May as well get paid for it.

The eplaya meltdown continues, I just hope I can help Dork handle it well enough. I feel like I'm in over my head. A stress contributor, not a doubt about it.

The SGA drama continues, but mostly I find that interesting. I cannot believe the attitudes of some people. No, wait a minute, yes I can.

The Big Chore for tomorrow: color my hair. Oh whoopee. A spot of good news, my Burning Man tickets are in the mail. Huzzah!

2 comments:

archersangel said...

i hope your neurology appointment goes well & something can be done to help.


BTW what color are you dyeing your hair?

AntiM said...

I hope so too. I'm getting cranky.

My hair will be Dark Red, I'm still phasing down from Burgundy, which was phasing down from Vivid Purple. Larry picked up the dye for me, it is a shade darker than I wanted, but hey, I can go lighter next time.